At Better Hearing Australia, we’re proud of our commitment to educating Australian’s about the impact of hearing loss and how to manage it.
Discover hearing management education
As part of our commitment we also offer ‘trainer training’ through our School of Aural Rehabilitation.
School of Aural Rehabilitation (SOAR)
Better Hearing Australia’s internal training course for tutors has been developed by Better Hearing Australia under the auspice of its School of Aural Rehabilitation (SOAR).
The Aural Rehabilitation Course comprises 7 modules of study:
- The Ear and Hearing Loss
- Effects of Hearing Loss
- Speech Production and Elements of Speech
- Presenting Sessions in Hearing Loss Management
- Access Programs and Services
- Basic Acoustics and Audiometry
- Hearing Aids and Assistive Devices
The Head of SOAR is responsible for the overall functioning of the School of Aural Rehabilitation. Discover more about SOAR by contacting the Head of SOAR.
- For further useful links, please refer to Better Hearing Australia (Vic) links
- AI-Media: www.ai-media.tv
- EARtrak: www.eartrak.com
- Australian Association of Audiologists in Private Practice: www.aaapp.org.au
- Deafness Foundation: www.deafness.org.au
- Deafness Forum: www.deafnessforum.org.au
Better Hearing Australia’s work is informed by the latest research and evidence-based practice. For more details, contact our National office.